My mac doesn't switch on and shows me this message

Reaction score
Need to know the following:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you running?

3. Have you ever done any disk cleanup.maintenance, and repairs, from a software perspective?

4. Are you making backups to an external device?

5. What third party software do you have on your machine? And, if you have MacKeeper and/or CleanMyMac, get rid of them IMMEDIATELY, as they cause more harm than good.

Reaction score
Need to know the following:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

Half 2010 macbook pro

2. What exact Mac OS are you running?

Lion

3. Have you ever done any disk cleanup.maintenance, and repairs, from a software perspective?

Yes the person who gave it to me erased everything before that.

4. Are you making backups to an external device?

Yes but not since 3 months...

5. What third party software do you have on your machine? And, if you have MacKeeper and/or CleanMyMac, get rid of them IMMEDIATELY, as they cause more harm than good.

Yes I had it but I got rid of them.

The guy from the repair shop told me it could be because of the trim that may has been wrongly installed... he said the hard disc is dommaged... any idea to save my datas on it?

Thanks !

Reaction score
What 247macpcsupport suggests is the first thing to try. Also have Disk Utility Repair Permissions.

Going forward:

1. You need to get in the habit of performing disk cleanup. maintenance, and repairs, from a software perspective, on your own. Besides doing your own disk cleanup (ie, what you can do), there are some excellent freeware and commercial programs that can help with that. The two I use are Onyx (free, and rock solid!), and TechTool Pro (another rock solid program, but not free).

2. You need to do backups much more than every 3 months. Time Machine is OK for that, but I much prefer SuperDuper!, which makes a bootable backup/clone of your system.

3. When you got rid of MacKeeper and/or CleanMyMac, if you just dragged the app to the trash, that does not get rid of all the other associated files with the app. You should do a search to see if any such "crap" is still on your machine.

Ask a Question