MacOs needs to repair your library to run application and keyboard doesn't work

Reaction score
Hi recently I made a change on my laptop (user name admin) and after it I tried open my apps but it said I don't have permission for that so I decided to shut it down. The problem is when I turned it on the message pop up that I need to fill username and password like on the picture, I tried to type the password but the keyboard didn't work, I tried to use keyboard on screen and still didn't work. The keyboard works well, I still can use brightness and volume control but when I tried to type it didn't work. Please help me. I have this super important deadline. Thank you!

Attachments

• 60367611-2D8A-4638-8ACD-CAC7BD99FE4A.jpg
    60367611-2D8A-4638-8ACD-CAC7BD99FE4A.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 485
Reaction score
Need to know a couple of things:

1. What exact Mac OS are you running?

2. What exact Mac model do you have?

3. Are you making any backups to an external device? And if you are, what software are you using for that?

Reaction score
Need to know a couple of things:

1. What exact Mac OS are you running?

2. What exact Mac model do you have?

3. Are you making any backups to an external device? And if you are, what software are you using for that?

1. I use MacOs Sierra

2. It's a MacBook Pro late 2011

3. No, I didn't make any backup:(

Will appreciate for your help. Anyway, the keyboard works perfectly but it doesn't allow to type. Other functions pretty normal.

Reaction score
Having a recent backup would make the process much, much easier, and without risk. Not sure why the keyboard does allow you to type anything. That is certainly disturbing.

Do you have anything critical on your internal drive?

Reaction score
Having a recent backup would make the process much, much easier, and without risk. Not sure why the keyboard does allow you to type anything. That is certainly disturbing.

Do you have anything critical on your internal drive?

Yes, all my works are there and I'm currently working on this on going project. when I checked the applications it seemed all apps still there. I can type for login, input password (attached), but when the window open, I can't type anything. And it also said that 'keychain not found' (attached). It's so confusing, I googled for the problem solves but couldn't find the same issue:(

Attachments

• CB060910-FEAC-44FF-9520-D61D6D6A2C54.jpg
    CB060910-FEAC-44FF-9520-D61D6D6A2C54.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 517
  • 1472F7A1-CF2B-4A71-AFD3-F2251C92F064.jpg
    1472F7A1-CF2B-4A71-AFD3-F2251C92F064.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 473

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What/how did you change on your user account admin?
-You can still login, but are getting the repair Library and Keychain prompts and cannot type with the keyboard, correct?

If you improperly changed the user name, it may have disconnected the Keychain and caused other issues.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What/how did you change on your user account admin?
-You can still login, but are getting the repair Library and Keychain prompts and cannot type with the keyboard, correct?

If you improperly changed the user name, it may have disconnected the Keychain and caused other issues.

C

Hi!

1. I changed the number on it (I forget what is it) and yes I know it's a huge mistake and I shouldn't done it, I don't even know why I tried to change it in the first place.
2. Yes, that's what happen, can you tell me how I can fix the problem?

Thank you!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Correct...not a good idea.

-What "number" did you change, and where did you change it?
-What happens if you use an external keyboard?
-Can you click the Reset to Defaults button and restart?

C

Last edited:
Reaction score
Correct...not a good idea.

-What "number" did you change, and where did you change it?
-What happens if you use an external keyboard?
-Can you click the Reset to Defaults button and restart?

C

1. I changed 'user id' number.
2. I didn't try to use external keyboard, tried to used keyboard on screen but still didn't work because apparently the problem isn't the keyboard (in my opinion).
3. Yes, I can click everything but can't type, keyboard work pretty normal elsewhere.

Ask a Question