Music transfer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2009 Macbook Pro. I have just bought an Astell and Kern Kann DAP. I want to transfer everything from iTunes to an SD card in the Kann.
I have done this before to a flash drive and when I tried to transfer some music and then another batch it would keep saying there is already a track of that name here, do you want to replace it or leave it out. There is never two tracks the same, it must just be that I haven't named all the tracks (10,000) and so track 4 might be the same number. I solved the problem by wiping the flash drive and transferring everything at once.
For some reason this doesn't seem to be working with the Kann. I tried to transfer 170 tracks and got the same "you already have a track of this name" and when I said to skip all I ended up with only 40 tracks. I have been using AndroidFileTransfer because the Mac doesn't seem to recognise the Kann without it.
Is there some setting in iTunes to stop seeing 2 tracks as the same just because they have the same number? Is there some way to say just copy it even if you think there is already that track there?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not familiar with the Astell&Kern KANN player. Looks like a VERY nice unit. I also haven't used the Android File Transfer app.

In iTunes, tracks with the same name (and no other or similar metadata) should actually be named differently in their actual storage location. For example, if you have two MP3 tracks named Track 2, they should actually be named Track 2.mp3 and Track 2 1.mp3. If you do a Song Info and go to the File tab, look at the bottom and see the location information. It will give you the storage location ending with the track name.

It may be best to get in touch with Astell@Kern support, as they may have a better idea of what is going on.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not familiar with the Astell&Kern KANN player. Looks like a VERY nice unit. I also haven't used the Android File Transfer app.

In iTunes, tracks with the same name (and no other or similar metadata) should actually be named differently in their actual storage location. For example, if you have two MP3 tracks named Track 2, they should actually be named Track 2.mp3 and Track 2 1.mp3. If you do a Song Info and go to the File tab, look at the bottom and see the location information. It will give you the storage location ending with the track name.

It may be best to get in touch with Astell@Kern support, as they may have a better idea of what is going on.

Hope that helps,

C

Thanks Cory,

I have done it by using the flash drive to copy from instead of iTunes. The flash drive was copied from iTunes anyway and it copied all to the Kann. I would still like to know why the tracks are deemed to be the same but at least I have it working now.
The Kann is a very good DAP! It sounds excellent.

Cheers

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Glad you found a solution. I bet it does sound excellent!

Be well,

C

Ask a Question