multiple entries

Reaction score
When I sync my ipod or ipod touch or Blackberry with my iMac they end up with multiple entries of addresses, phone numbers, etc. To make matters worse, when I then return to the iMac my address book has disappeared. Several days later it reappears - if I am lucky. Not 100% sure this is related to the syncing but seems suspicious!:confused:
(Mac OS X 10.5.5)

Reaction score
Have you tried to reset your sync preferences by overwriting either the iPod or the desktop? Before doing this, I'd definitely suggest making a back-up copy of the correct address book and calendar.

I had a similar problem with my iCal on my iPod. I discovered I had some hidden calendars on my desktop. Though I could not see the events on the desktop, they would appear on the iPod. So, you might want to check that, too.

Reaction score
OK, I'll give that a go. I have archived the contact list to the doc folder.
Thanks for your help. I may be back if it doesn't work......

Reaction score
I still find I am getting multiple entries in iCal (on both my iMac and my MacBookPro). The problem seems to be with birthdays. For example there are 15 "Keith's b'day" entries for his birthday next year despite me having deleted some every so often. Also these duplicates are retrospective and if I look back to check what happened on a particular date in the past it's unbelievable what I find! Other events aren't duplicating - just birthdays. What am I missing? Please help!

Ask a Question