MS Word

Reaction score
I am using MS Office: Mac - 2004; OS X 10.4.8 G4 Power Mac, 733 MHZ, 1.12 GB memory.

I have LOST the DRAWING Toolbar. Yes, I have gone tothe VIEW menu, scrolled down to TOOLBARS and checked DRAWING. The checkmark is present. The DRAWING TOOLBAR is not present.

I have tried re-installing MS Word with no luck. I believe that somehow I removed something somewhere that controls the DRAWING.

I use DRAW a lot with MS Word documents and it has gotten tothe point that I am borrowing DRAW features from other documents, when I find what I can use.

I need your help
Charlie P.

Reaction score
You could try trashing the Word preferences.
User>Library>Preferences>Microsoft>
and move the file;
com.microsoft.Word.prefs.plist
to the trash. Empty the trash,then launch Word.
In theory this should reset the "factory defaults" on Word.
Give it a go.

Reaction score
Thanks for the instructions to restore the DRAWING toolbar to MS Word. Sadly, it didn't work. The DRAWING toolbar is still MIA.

Any other ideas?

Charlie P.

Reaction score
Hmmm. When you removed Office, did you use the Remove Office application found in the Additional tools folder of the Office folder?
Try that, then a re install and see if that brings back the tools.
Alternativly you could try Appzapper (google it. Demo mode allows for limited zaps), as this will remove ALL trace of the previous installation. Then re install.
My fear is that MS will have some settings hidden somwhere on your hard drive that are either corrupted or in some way SNAFU and that to get the tools back working as normal you need to insure that they are got rid of.

Reaction score
Thanks, I will try this one. If it doesn't work, I will clear office out of my hard drive and begin again.

Thanks for your help

Charlie P.

Ask a Question