Missing Tabs in Safari Preferences

Reaction score
I like to use my Favourites Folder as single click load all tabs buttons, my daily read and news folders are set to this.

Finding how to enable this is v6 is a but trickier,
put the folder in the favourites bar, then right click on it and
Automatically Open in Tabs.

Reaction score
I did some research on some other sites and forums, and according to what I found out, there is no way to get rid of Top Sites. The list of complaints about Safari 6.1 is actually quite impressive and depressing. I'm glad I don't have most of the issues that many others report!

Reaction score
Sorry, seem to be no way of removing Bookmarks and Top Sites Icons from Favorites bar

I don't think reading sites and forums is a good way to gauge overall user satisfaction. You have to remember there are 10's of millions of users using Safari and browsers are a very competitive area. Any system that both talks to the interest and allows plugins is going to have a % of unhappy users and issues. Also there is a large group who just don't like change, I'm one of those, lol.

But Safari remains the best Mac browser for "most" Mac users.

Reaction score
I don't think reading sites and forums is a good way to gauge overall user satisfaction. You have to remember there are 10's of millions of users using Safari and browsers are a very competitive area. Any system that both talks to the interest and allows plugins is going to have a % of unhappy users and issues. Also there is a large group who just don't like change, I'm one of those, lol.

But Safari remains the best Mac browser for "most" Mac users.

Compared to past updates, I see a lot more negative comments about the Safari 6.1 update on apple.com. I myself am not thrilled with this latest Safari update. A few common complaints:

Safari 6.1
- quits unexpectedly
- does not give access to plug-ins
- doesn't allow viewing and/or downloading of PDF files
- appears to have messed up Gmail log-in
- forces Top Sites on users
- makes editing bookmarks inconvenient

One positive thing: Can't type posts on Disqus-powered boards. :p

I am actually beginning to use Firefox, which has been my second browser for many years, a lot more now.

Ask a Question