Microsoft Word 2020 Update on Macbook Air

Reaction score
Every time I print a Word doc from Word an extra page is printed with a report of the date, name if user, and other info I don't need. I checked with HP Printer Tech and they said it wasn't an HP issue after I printed a PDF doc and I didn't get the extra page report. I have not received an answer from Microsoft. Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like Document properties is enabled in Word > Preferences > Print. If it is checked, uncheck it:

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 16.48.09.png

C

Reaction score
A slight correction, including my post above: The latest version of Microsoft Word for Mac is Word For Mac 2019.

Reaction score
Every time I print a Word doc from Word an extra page is printed with a report of the date, name if user, and other info I don't need. I checked with HP Printer Tech and they said it wasn't an HP issue after I printed a PDF doc and I didn't get the extra page report. I have not received an answer from Microsoft. Thanks.
My MacBook is a MacOS Catalina 10.15.6.
I have solved this issue before on an earlier Microsoft Word version but cannot on the updated version. Thanks.

Reaction score
OK, a couple of things:

1. Did you try Cory's suggestion? (One wonder if that option is already "set" when installing Microsoft Word 2019 (or Office 2019)).
2. You said "every time". What versions of the Mac OS have you been using along with this issue?
3. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If you are, what software are you using for that task?
3. There is a more recent version of Catalina, OS 10.15.7. As long as you have a backup, it might be good to download and install the OS 10.15.7 Combo Installer, available form here:

Reaction score
The Microsoft Word Properties options are: General, Summary, Stats, Content, and Custom. I omitted my name (author) in the Summary and omitted my name, and left value, and properties blank in Custom.

Reaction score
I can't find those print options in the HP ENVY Photo 7100 printer.
Hello,

Sounds like Document properties is enabled in Word > Preferences > Print. If it is checked, uncheck it:

View attachment 3742
C
I have attached a screen shot of the Microsoft Word Print Properties Option

Attachments

• MICROSOFT PRINT PROPERTIES OPTIONS.jpg
    MICROSOFT PRINT PROPERTIES OPTIONS.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 74
Reaction score
What about answers to my other 2 questions? Without them, can't help you much.

Also, are you going to upgrade to V10.15.7? It just might resolve your issue. But again, without definitive answers to the questions I asked, not sure about that.

Reaction score
OK, a couple of things:

1. Did you try Cory's suggestion? (One wonder if that option is already "set" when installing Microsoft Word 2019 (or Office 2019)).
2. You said "every time". What versions of the Mac OS have you been using along with this issue?
3. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If you are, what software are you using for that task?
3. There is a more recent version of Catalina, OS 10.15.7. As long as you have a backup, it might be good to download and install the OS 10.15.7 Combo Installer, available form here:

I don't have enough disk space for the OS Combo.

Reaction score
What about answers to my other 2 questions? Without them, can't help you much.

Also, are you going to upgrade to V10.15.7? It just might resolve your issue. But again, without definitive answers to the questions I asked, not sure about that.
I don't have enough disk space.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
They aren't in the print dialog box, they are in Microsoft Word preferences:

From the menu bar in the Word application: Word > Preferences > Print

C

Reaction score
Did you see the Screen Shot?
Screen Shot does not show anything about disk space.

Why not enough disk space? Don't you do any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs? Even though lack of disk space might not be the reason for the issue you are having, still not good.

How much disk space do you have? And again, answers to my other questions?

Reaction score
I use the latest version of the suite LibreOffice, and its "Word" module is entitled "Writer Document". It can both read and write documents in various formats, including ones for various versions of Word. According to this site:

the description for .docx reads "The default XML-based file format for Word 2019, Word 2016, Word 2013, Word 2010, and Office Word 2007.".

Well, I have a Writer document, and I saved it in the format "Word 2007-365 (.docx)". I then printed it, and did not get an extra, blank page like the op did.

PS: Oops! Forgot to mention that I am running the latest version of Catalina, OS 10.15.7, on both of my Macs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Screen Shot does not show anything about disk space.

Why not enough disk space? Don't you do any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs? Even though lack of disk space might not be the reason for the issue you are having, still not good.

How much disk space do you have? And again, answers to my other questions?
When I downloaded the combo a pop up said I didn't have enough disk space.

I looked for disc space repair apps but customers complained about the app destroying their docs. I'm trying to remove all the back-ups but they are hidden in many locations.

I don't know how much disc space I have left.

Reaction score
I gather you do not make backups to an external device, true or false?

Why backups on your primary internal device? That is not the place to put them.

Also, you state "I'm trying to remove all the back-ups". What "kind" of backups are they?

Besides getting rid of unnecessary "backups", you can also do a good amount of disk cleanup on your own. One obvious place is your Downloads folder, located within the Users folder. The other prime suspect is deleted EMails. When you delete an EMail, it does not get get permanently removed. Usually one or 2 more steps are necessary. Those steps depend on which EMail program you use. I use Thunderbird, and it is very, very easy.

There are both free and commercial programs available that can do additional disk cleanup/maintenance, but first you need a backup to an external device before attempting to use any of them. Two excellent ones are Onyx (free) and Tech Tool Pro (commercial). I have been using both of them for a number of years, and would not be without them.

Reaction score
I use Seagate external back-up. I still don't know how to turn off that test page printing option.

Ask a Question