Lotus Word Pro to Microsoft Word and Excel

Quincannon

Reaction score
I have some important LWP files I need to convert to Microsoft Word but there doesn't appear to be anything online that works.

I've tried CloudConvert and etyn.com but all I get is a blank page. I also have an old Win 10 PC with OpenOffice but I just get the same.

It would seem I need a PC with Win XP or earlier; unless you know differently of course.

I hope someone can help.

Peter

Ad

Advertisements

honestone

Reaction score

Quincannon

Reaction score
Thanks. Do you think the mac can function with both Libreoffice and Microsoft Word installed? I only want Libreoffice temporarily.

honestone

Reaction score
Thanks. Do you think the mac can function with both Libreoffice and Microsoft Word installed? I only want Libreoffice temporarily.
Yes. But, I would not recommend running them at the same time.

By the way, what version of Word do you have? Do you have Office 2011, or Office 2016? Myself, I have Office 2016, and the latest version is 15.30 (I use Word, Excel, and Outlook).

Quincannon

Reaction score
I have V14.7.1 updated 28th Dec 2016.

I shall try Libreoffice. Thanks for your help.

Ad

Advertisements

honestone

Reaction score
Cool! Hope it helps you.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Quincannon

Reaction score
It will open some of my files up to three pages long but the rest are 20+. Do you think there is a limit?

Ad

Advertisements

honestone

Reaction score
It will open some of my files up to three pages long but the rest are 20+. Do you think there is a limit?
As I previously mentioned, I have never processed such files, and I have never used LibreOffice.

Also, this link "waxes poetic justice" on LibreOffice, plus mentions a couple of alternatives:

https://blog.eogn.com/2016/02/11/libreoffice-and-other-desktop-office-suite-programs-offer-better-choices-than-does-microsoft-office/

I'm still surprised Word 2016 cannot convert such Lotus files. I wish I could test it for you. Could you give me a link so I can download such Lotus Files, and try and see what Word 2016 does with them?

Last edited:

Ask a Question