Messages Agent - What is it?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just signed up with MacHelp in hopes of answering a question related to the OS I am using (10.9.4 - Mavericks). Upon boot-up every day, I receive a dialog box that says, "Messages Agent wants to use the 'login' keychain.", and asks for the password (see attachment). It will not accept my current user password, but accepts my OLD password. If I try cancelling out of this window, it keeps coming back, so I just put in the old password.

Then when I go and connect to my organization's remote server, I am experiencing sporadic disconnects, with a message saying that I have an incorrect user name or password. I'm sure it has something to do with this "Messages Agent" dialog box.

Any feedback on this one??

Eddie P

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 2.51.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 2.51.49 PM.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 902
Reaction score
What a disappointment. Signed on to MacHelp with the exact same question posed more than 5 months ago by the OP. Are Eddie and I really dumb, or is everybody else really lucky not to be pestered by this irritant, which I've not seen before in almost 2 years of Mac usage? :(

Reaction score
First of all, Chris, no one is saying that either Eddie or yourself is dumb. Not at all. It is quite feasible that none of us have experienced this issue (I have not had this issue, and I've been using Macs for over 18 years).

Secondly, here are the results (links) of a google search I just did for "Messages Agent wants to use the 'login' keychain":

https://www.google.com/search?q="Messages Agent wants to use the 'login' keychain.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

By the way, anyone can do such a google search.

That first link (I looked at it for a few minutes) looked like it had some viable solutions.

Ask a Question