Back ups to iCloud fail with out error messages.

Reaction score
I normally back up my iPad and iPhone to iTunes. But I'm a belts and suspenders type guy.

I switched them to back up to an iCloud that has 73.9 GB of 200 GB used, and kept telling them to back up. They start backing up, but don't finish successfully, without giving any error messages.

I wish I could set a switch to back up to both places all the time. But I need to have backups either work or give me meaningful error messages so that I can determine how to make them work.

Any suggestions?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version(s) of iOS on the iPhone/iPad?
-Are they connected to AC power and Wi-Fi?
-Did you give them enough time to complete? Sometimes it can take over an hour or so, especially if you are switching back and forth from computer to iCloud backups.

C

Reaction score
When I started, it was 12.01, but now is 12.1. Sometimes it was connected to the Apple plug, sometimes directly to my Mac. I tried overnight. After trying a bunch of times using iTunes to tell it to back up to iCloud, I tried bypassing iTunes altogether. The backups finally worked last night, then I turned it back to backing up on iTunes.

Ask a Question