Stop Pop ups

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me stop the Mackeeper pop up ads the I get every time I go into my Safari browser ? I tried to remove it in Applications and think it is gone only to have it pop up again the next time I log in. Thanks, for any advise anyone my have.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-It was installed, and you removed it?

There are some additional manual uninstall steps in this article: How to uninstall MacKeeper from your Mac

After that, you could also download, install, and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac

Let us know how it goes,

C
Hi, Cory
I would like to thank you for the helpful uninstall tips, and the Anti-Malware for Mac app. I tried to uninstall manually and did. However the Anti-Malware app found hidden Malware that I couldn't find. This should hopefully resolve my problem so, Thanks once again.

Reaction score
As usual, Cory comes to the rescue. But just to insure that ALL files associated with MacKeeper have been removed, you could do a search by entering the term MacKeeper, and then select your entire internal drive to be searched. Myself when I want o remove an application and its associated "pieces", I use the excellent freeware program AppCleaner, available from here:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

It works quite well, but it does not catch every file associated with the application. So, after using AppCleaner and removing all the stuff, I launch another excellent freeware program EasyFind, enter the application name, and in most instances it finds some more files associated with the application already removed.

Hopefully you did get everything for MacKeeper.

Ask a Question