MBP running Mojave restarting randomly?

Reaction score
All of a sudden my MBP started restarting itself, I guessed (as there's no warning) it's due to over heating so cleaned fans inside and although it now runs cooler, it still reboots less often.

So after uninstalling loads of apps etc... and not making any difference so thought I'd reinstall Mojave to hopefully magically fix it. Tried 4 times but it just hangs on "2 Minutes remaining" and log contains error messages like -
"Feb 11 15:54:03 MacBook-Pro osinstallersetupd[604]: PackageKit: Failed to verify InstallESDDmg.pkg: xar_verify failed"

I've even tried upgrading to Catalina but that complains about download being corrupt, completely stuffed now, can't reinstall of move forward, any ideas please?

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hi,

"Feb 11 15:54:03 MacBook-Pro osinstallersetupd[604]: PackageKit: Failed to verify InstallESDDmg.pkg: xar_verify failed"

You need your Mac running to clear this and locate the the installer app here
/System/Library/CoreServices/ then navigate to the pkg file that is stuck on verifying and select to open it

I've even tried upgrading to Catalina but that complains about download being corrupt, completely stuffed now, can't reinstall of move forward, any ideas please?

Have you tried recovery mode to reinstall, if not have a look here.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201314

Reaction score
Hi,

You need your Mac running to clear this and locate the the installer app here
/System/Library/CoreServices/ then navigate to the pkg file that is stuck on verifying and select to open it

Have you tried recovery mode to reinstall, if not have a look here.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201314

hi and thanks for your reply, the pkg file is not in that directory? and it's via the "Command (⌘)-R Reinstall macos option" that I've been trying (and failing)

Reaction score
just tried to "upgrade" (a dubious description) and just get
1581598029890.png
, each download wastes at least an hour of my life as slow internet so just about give up!

Ask a Question