2014 vs 2015 MBP?

Reaction score
I have posted in this forum the last couple of days regarding questions pertaining to a computer I have been considering. So, I have been looking around the marketplace. The price of $375 for a 2014 i5 16GB 512GB is really good, but I have also seen some 2015 i5 MBP for about $100-$150 more especially if I am okay with 8GB Ram. Biggest difference that I can tell between those model years is the force touch trackpad, faster storage, twice as fast on write, and upgraded integrated video in 2015. As I am not a gamer, will not be editing video 16 GB of RAM is probably unnecessary! Would it make more sense to spend the extra $100-$150, give up the extra RAM but get the updated trackpad, faster storage and improved graphics in the 2015? I will primarily use it for
document/spreadsheet management and web surfing. Buying the 2015 also increases time to obsolescence by a bit. If anyone is familiar with both of these models, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Until recently I had a 2015 MBP with 8GB of ram and it did everything I asked of it, spreadsheets and word documents and also coding with Python and coding web pages etc. it was a very capable bit of kit.

Ask a Question