Mail

Reaction score
Jeg har en maccomputer og bruger f.eks. Macs eget mailprogram. Jeg fik pludselig et nyt navn. Jeg hedder Lars Lund, men når jeg sender, hedder jeg Lars Kjølby Lund, og det er ikke mig, men en af mine Facebook-venner. Jeg kan også se, at der er to email adresser bag denne email adresse. Den ene er min, og den anden er forladt som (e-mail address removed). Det er ikke min adresse, og jeg kan ikke logge ind på denne adresse. Hvordan reparerer jeg min modtager med et forkert navn, og hvordan skete det?

Reaction score
Unfortunately, your post needs to be in English, so that we can try and help you.

Reaction score
I have a maccomputer and I uses Mac's own mail application. I suddenly got a new name?? My name is Lars Lund, but when I send, I'm Lars Kjølby Lund, and it's not me, but one of my Facebook friends. I can also see that there are e-mail addresses behind this email address. One is mine, and the other one is left as (e-mail address removed). This XX It is not my address, and I can of corse not login to this address. BUT How do I repair my recipient with an incorrect name, and how did it happen?

Reaction score
What exact Mac model do you have? And what exact Mac OS are you running?

Wonder if you either got a "rogue" EMail, or something "rogue" happened while you were on the internet. This is certainly the first time I have ever heard of such an issue (I use Outlook 2016 for my EMail needs).

A couple of more questions, and then a suggestion:

1. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? You can actually do a good amount of disk cleanup on your own, and there are also some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help with those tasks.

2. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device?

What you can try and do is download and run the excellent free program Malwarebytes, available from here:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

I cannot say if it will cure your issue, but it's worth a try. Who knows, it might find other nefarious "stuff" on your machine.

Reaction score
I do not think there's anything about spam or other and it's only on Mac's own mail program the error is. I usually use Outlook too and I also use CleanmyMac and have backup of everything. I have had a problem for a year and it is only a practical and very mysterious problem Mac 27 inc 2012 version 10.13.3

Reaction score
CleanMyMac is bad for your system (almost as bad as the truly nefarious MacKeeper). There are safer, proven products available, and some of them are free. Onyx is an excellent one, available form here:

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

If you get it, make sure you obtain the correct version for the Mac OS you are running. According to your post above, you are running OS 10.13.3, and thus you would want V3.4.2 of Onyx.

It's up to you, but there is nothing harmful about using Malwarebytes. It can be quite useful.

By the way, did you ever have this issue with Outlook?

Reaction score
First thank you for your help. I'm always careful about getting programs I do not know.There is very little to read about it on Danish pages, but I have found some. As I can read, the program is quite difficult, so you need to be pretty nerd to use it. What do you think? I use google translate because my English on writing is not so good. Hope it is understandable. Now it's late in Denmark so I'll read your reply tomorrow :)

Reaction score
Your English is fine. In fact, it is just about flawless!

Also, when you say "As I can read, the program is quite difficult, so you need to be pretty nerd to use it", what program are you talking about? If it's Onyx, it is actually real simple to use. In fact, the version for High Sierra is the simplest of all the versions. When you start the program, it will ask for your admin name and password. Then, you will need to just press two "tabs/tasks". The program does the rest of the cleaning, and it requires no further input from you.

If it's Malwarebytes, that is also easy to use.

Reaction score
Thank you for your patience and good help. Yes, it's Onyx I've read about Computerworld, which writes a reader 2008: "I have a problem with my new Macbook. I also can not add or remove shortcuts to the dock. I remember it worked perfectly, but when I added a Shortcut yesterday, I could not. I've searched for Google, and I did not think I could find anything. But I realized some had problems with a program called OnyX. I've had the program but have also removed it again. I have tried to correct cancellation rights as I saw that some suggested this - unsuccessfully. "

Another writes that programs are very complicated, but I've also read the opposite

But there are always shared opinions, some who believe that all the pograms that maintain and clean are absolutely unnecessary for a mac. Thank you for your help, which I appreciate. Lovely that somebody like you does.

Reaction score
I have been using Onyx for so long, through numerous versions, and with many different versions of the Mac OS, and I've NEVER had an issue with it. I do, though, take very good care of my machines, keeping them "lean, mean, and clean". In actuality, the following software is critical for me:

1Password (excellent password manager)
Onyx
Tech Tool Pro (invaluable commercial disk cleanup/maintenance/repair software)
SuperDuper! (for my bootable backups)

Taking care of a Mac is just like taking care of an automobile. Both require care, whether it's maintenance, doing some simple, but vital, checks, etc. It seems that a lot of folks think that one can use a Mac without taking care of it. Yes, Macs are reliable machines, but so are cars manufactured by the excellent manufacturer Toyota. Toyota makes the most reliable cars in the world (Honda is another excellent car manufacturer). Both require care and attention. I own a Toyota Camry (our second one, actually), and even though I never have trouble with it, I still take care of it, just like my Macs.

Ask a Question