mail --- does anyone else

Reaction score
Hate Mail -- (as in the 10.4... mail program)???
I can't stand it anymore! I feel like there are too many frustrations that seem really simple (to a non programer).

Does anyone suggest any other mail programs that have good organizing,
junk filter, good organizing sense, customizing, good organizing.. did i mention that?

And suggestions how to transfer all the mail to the new program - or is that too much of a headache just in itself?!?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello Rooter!

Personally, I love mail. It works great for me. But if you are looking for a good mail replacement program, check out ThunderBird. It is a great program. I don't use it. But I know a lot of windows users use it and love it. And it works for Mac. Check it out!

Searay

SwampWitch

Reaction score
I have problems with it, too... operator problems. How do you move items from the inbox into separate folders? My inbox just keeps getting larger! I believe I understand what the smart folders do, but are there any "dumb folders" I can move items to so they are no longer in the inbox (or sent box)?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

p.s. Mac OS X Version 10.4.7

Reaction score
I have problems with it, too... operator problems. How do you move items from the inbox into separate folders? My inbox just keeps getting larger! I believe I understand what the smart folders do, but are there any "dumb folders" I can move items to so they are no longer in the inbox (or sent box)?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

p.s. Mac OS X Version 10.4.7

That's easy, just click the plus sign in the lower left corner of Mail, name the folder that's created, then drag mail to it...

Ric

Reaction score
Hi all,

I like mail, as rpphoto says you can create new folders...

This is one way...

mail-box-001.jpg

mail-box-002.jpg

mail-box-003.jpg

mail-box-004.jpg

This is how mine are set up, then I use "Rules" to automatically move the new emails to the correct folders...

So, one "Rule" checks all the incoming mail for any of my family email addresses, if it finds any it moves them to the "Family Mail" folder...

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Rooter: What specific problems have you got, maybe we can 'fix' them...

regards

Ric

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Thanks, rpphoto and Ric. I was struggling with this (could only find info about smart folders under help) and after unintentionally deleting two messages I decided to wait... This is very cool. I will advise my husband who gets 80-100 emails per day. You should see HIS inbox!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

p.s. Ric, I'm curious about the blurred folder names... :)

Ric

Reaction score
...email boxes for all my other websites !

Most of them are Family ones...Niece's, Nephews, Sisters, Dad's, Mothers, Wifes's and all my other's !

I like to stay a lillte mysterious...

;-)

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Does anybody who uses Thunderbird know how to manage folders (like above in Mail)? My husband is wondering, he has to use Thunderbird and his inbox is out of control.

I checked out the link from searay above, but couldn't readily find anything, and thought I'd see if someone here has a response. Thanks.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Reaction score
Hello SwampWitch!

Try this: open Thunderbird, goto file --> New --> there should be a folder item listed. Let us know if that is it!

I am not too familiar with Thunderbird.

Reaction score
Does anybody who uses Thunderbird know how to manage folders (like above in Mail)? My husband is wondering, he has to use Thunderbird and his inbox is out of control.

I checked out the link from searay above, but couldn't readily find anything, and thought I'd see if someone here has a response. Thanks.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Here is a good FAQ/answers on Thunderbird Mail - you may find something amongst these :)

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Thunderbird

Also, check out the following, especially 1.4 Organising and finding messages:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_FAQs

Ask a Question