MagSafe Power Adapter Any Ideas?

Reaction score
I am cleaning up/off and selling older Apple products and peripherals. I have owned three Apple computers including an older large Mac Desktop, a MacBook Pro 15" 2014 and my new MacBook Air m2. I'm embarrassed to say I have purchased several MagSafe Power cord through the years, usually after inadvertently leaving them on a white bed sheet in a motel while traveling for business. My MacBook Pro used the standard 5/8" magnetic end to connect to the cord but I have run across the MagSafe Power cord with the 1/2 end and have no idea what it is for. It doesn't seem to plug into either of my laptops. I have tried to look it up using the numbers on the side of the power supply (Apple, it would be nice if you used black ink instead of gray) including Model # A1290 and it looks like it should fit my MacBook Pro. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• MagSafe ends.jpg
    MagSafe ends.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 4
  • MagSafe.jpg
    MagSafe.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response.

The smaller MagSafe is for older MacBook models. If you can post some photos of the gray desciption on the bricks, we can probably figure it out.

C

Ask a Question