Magic Keyboard on imac fault?

Reaction score
Hi I am using a 2011 imac with high sierra os. The keys on my magic bluetooth keyboard wouldn't work. 7 8 9 u i o j k l m < > so bought a new one. This didn't fix it as I have the exact same problem with the new keyboard. can anyone suggest a fix? t i a

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It sounds like you may have Mouse Keys enabled, which allows you keyboard to control the mouse pointer.

Check in  > System Preferences... > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad > Enable Mouse Keys. If enabled, uncheck the box.

C

Reaction score
thankyou Cory for your reply. I did try your suggestion but I'm afraid, no luck. I am using an ageing 2011 i7 and it has no mouse and trackpad button. new to apples so you'll have to excuse my speed with macs

Reaction score
thankyou Cory for your reply. I did try your suggestion but I'm afraid, no luck. I am using an ageing 2011 i7 and it has no mouse and trackpad button. new to apples so you'll have to excuse my speed with macs

Reaction score
Cory.......................I have just found out what you said to do. I bow to your knowledge. Thankyou. I wish I'd have posted to you yesterday and saved myself £90.....................thanx again

Ask a Question