MacOS Problem Report

Reaction score
Hello

For the last 2 years I've been encountered with a very annoying problem regarding my MacBook: he freezes at the most random moments to then restart 50 seconds later with a screen saying 'you're computer restarted because of a problem, press a key or wait a few seconds to continue.' And always when I come on the Mac home page after login, it shows me a report saying its a MacOS problem and kernel panic. I've tried several things like trying to reinstall MacOS in the Recovery System after doing Command+R or updating MacOS but it crashes at a random point when I try doing that. The only time my Mac doesnt freeze is when I'm in Safe Mode, like now. Idk what to do really, so if someone can help me it would mean a lot, thank you!

Reaction score
Hello

For the last 2 years I've been encountered with a very annoying problem regarding my MacBook: he freezes at the most random moments to then restart 50 seconds later with a screen saying 'you're computer restarted because of a problem, press a key or wait a few seconds to continue.' And always when I come on the Mac home page after login, it shows me a report saying its a MacOS problem and kernel panic. I've tried several things like trying to reinstall MacOS in the Recovery System after doing Command+R or updating MacOS but it crashes at a random point when I try doing that. The only time my Mac doesnt freeze is when I'm in Safe Mode, like now. Idk what to do really, so if someone can help me it would mean a lot, thank you!
It will help if you can specify the model of your Mac, the amount of memory and storage (SSD or hard drive). For what I suspect you will need to do, you must have a reliable backup setup, Time Machine ideally.

Reaction score
It will help if you can specify the model of your Mac, the amount of memory and storage (SSD or hard drive). For what I suspect you will need to do, you must have a reliable backup setup, Time Machine ideally.
Thanks for responding! My Mac is the 12-inch retina MacBook from 2015 with 8GB of memory and a total storage of 250 GB which I've used 200 GB from. I will have a look at the backup thing and how it works. Thanks for helping!!

Reaction score
Thanks for responding! My Mac is the 12-inch retina MacBook from 2015 with 8GB of memory and a total storage of 250 GB which I've used 200 GB from. I will have a look at the backup thing and how it works. Thanks for helping!!

Reaction score
You have the 2015 MacBook8,1 that originally came with OS X Yosemite. It should be able to run macOS 11 Big Sur, but before you can do the upgrade, you will need to make room on the SSD. What you need to do, in my opinion, is to first make room on the drive by deleting unwanted data and copying important ones, at least temporarily, to external storage. You can probably do a better job at this by booting into Safe Mode. Restart and hold down the Shift key until the login screen appears. It will now run using minimal resources so you can delete unimportant data and copy (and then delete) important ones to an external drive.

Since you model Mac predates APFS, it was probably formatted HFS+. I recommend doing a Time Machine backup to an external drive, and then wiping the internal SSD and formatting it as APFS and doing a fresh installation of macOS Big Sur using Recovery. Yes, this can be daunting, but with a reliable Time Machine backup, maybe even doing a separate second one, you should be able to restore the MacBook that will work way better than it is now. You should thereafter keep a close watch on keeping enough free space on your drive to avoid getting into its present state.

Reaction score
My iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019, 14.2.1 (23C71),

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, is typing everything it hears, including what my iMac says.
Plus, when a window pops up, every line is numbered, it's overheating, and sometimes it zooms for no reason, and it will just close the browser. HELP!
Most of this started happening after I upgraded to the newest OS. The biggest irritation tho is the typing everything said.

Reaction score
My iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019, 14.2.1 (23C71),

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, is typing everything it hears, including what my iMac says.
This started after I upgraded to the newest OS.

Ask a Question