MacOS X that connects to internet

Reaction score
I need a MacOS X that connects to internet I currently have MacOS X leopard installed but it connects to internet but browser won't work etc how do I update it it's a Mac pro a1186

Reaction score
I need to get internet on it so I can install a patcher so I can get a newer MacOS on it
The a1186 series ran between 2006 and 2009. The former can run up to Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion). The 2009 MacPro3,1 supports up to OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan). If you cannot connect to the internet from it, you will need to get someone to get a copy of the newer version of OS X on whatever medium your MacPro has (USB, CD, floppy disk). What version of OS X is it on presently? There must be some way to get it to connect to the internet. Worst case, if you have Mac OS X 10.4.7 (Tiger) running on the oldest a1186, it should still be able to get on the internet either with the (optional) Wi-Fi card or built-in Ethernet.

In either case, I don’t see a need for a “patcher” to install the max versions of OS X listed above.

Ask a Question