SOLVED MacOS 13.1 Update

Reaction score
I seem to be faced my my usual update dilemma today - should I go for it or wait a wee while? The Ventura macOS 13.1 upgrade seems to have some quite major changes and additions. So I’m wondering if any early updaters have faced any issues.
https://eclecticlight.co/2022/12/13/what-has-changed-in-ventura-13-1/
I recommend installing the update. 13.1 has had a rather lengthy beta cycle—almost half a year. The updates are quite numerous, a lot focusing on security. The installation includes a firmware update, Finder, APFS, Siri… too many to list. Just make sure you have a reliable backup, as always.

The main caveat is make sure that apps you use regularly, especially critical ones, are compatible with macOS 13.1.

And just a day after this public release, the latest beta has already been issued to developers.

Reaction score
I recommend installing the update. 13.1 has had a rather lengthy beta cycle—almost half a year. The updates are quite numerous, a lot focusing on security. The installation includes a firmware update, Finder, APFS, Siri… too many to list. Just make sure you have a reliable backup, as always.

The main caveat is make sure that apps you use regularly, especially critical ones, are compatible with macOS 13.1.

And just a day after this public release, the latest beta has already been issued to developers.
OK I’ve applied the Ventura update to my M1 Mac and all seems fine. I keep TM backups on my WD System plus manual CCC backups to a separate SSD attached via USB. Incidentally the Monterey update on my Intel Mac has also been applied with no obvious issues. Thanks for your advice, Tony :)

Ask a Question