OpenLDAP authentication macOS Monterey

Reaction score
Hi all, I am trying to connect MAC Book with openLDAP server for which i followed the instruction from below link. But its not working and can not login. I usually use LDAP server for Linux machine authentication and login. Does any have an idea how to configure LDAP correctly on MacBook ? Tried: https://support.apple.com/guide/dir...ap-directory-access-diru566b498a/6.2/mac/12.0

Does any one know how to configure mac for OpenLDAP authentication and login?
The end goal is that instead of creating user on mac, the user authentication and login should be done be OpenLDAP
macOS Monterey 12.6

Thanks for support

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

LDAP is a little outside my experience level unfortunately. I have used Active Directory binding for Macs to enable sign in with AD credentials and creating users that way. The article you linked to should have the information to configure it properly.

Do you manage the LDAP server or is it a corporate/school system?

C

Reaction score
Also have an Azure AD which we use for Microsoft Teams signing in. Is it possible to use this same AD for mac users login ?
If yes could you please guide with instruction ? with relying or configuring MDM
thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't have any experience with Azure or Microsoft Teams.

C

Ask a Question