MacBrook Pro Virus?

Reaction score
I'm having some problems with pages loading slow and people telling me that I am sending them weird emails! I thought that Mac's spyware was built into the mother board?! This is a reburbished laptop and if I put in a password when I first got it I don't remember what it is so now I can't get into the security and change the filevault setting...arggggg! HELP PLEASE!:(

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Try downloading OnyX, ensuring that you get the exact version for your Mac OS ... run the maintenance and cleaning tasks and don't do anything on your Mac while OnyX is running.

I'm not sure what you mean about putting in a password/not remembering the password/changing Filevault?

Exactly where are you needing to use a password? When you log in? Trying to log into the Admin account?

Personally I leave Filevault alone .... have read some horror stories about things going awry.

Reaction score
OK I'm going to try the download. The password that I need to enter everytime I want to download something...how do I recover it. I have tried all my old passwords and nothing works. It is registered to me I think...but a refurbished laptop.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Do you mean you need to enter the password when you use Software Update? Or do you mean download anything using a web browser like Safari?

When you purchased your MBP, were you given the Instal Disc/s?

Are you using an account with Admin Privileges?

Do you have another user account to use so we can see if this is User specific or System wide?

Ask a Question