Ical sync problems between iphone 6s+ and macbrook pro

Reaction score
When I enter event on ical (macbook), it auto syncs onto iphone.

When I enter an event on ical on my iphone, it does not automatically go to macbook. It only works from macbook to iphone.

I have checked all settings and am signed into icloud on both and checked auto sync on calendars.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X on the MacBook Pro?
-Which version of iOS on the iPhone 6s Plus?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks. Those should are compatible for calendar syncing.

My guess is it is an iCloud setting on one of them...probably the MacBook Pro. You could try changing the setting in Calendar > Preferences... > Accounts > Refresh Calendars: from Push to Every minute. If it starts to sync, then change it back.

Also, if you can login to icloud.com and see all of the events the same as on your iPhone, you could always try disabling the calendar on the MBP in System Preferences... > iCloud > uncheck Calendars, then re-enable it. It may then reset to sync properly.

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps from Apple: Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
I tried all the first recommendations with no luck but something in the troubleshooting steps from apple seems to have fixed the problem. I'll have to run some tests but some appointments popped up on my MBP from the phone. Thanks a million Mr C

Ask a Question