SOLVED MacBookAir running Ventura and not sending iMessages to Android phones

Reaction score
Hi guys, new MacBookAir running Ventura and similar problem to some years ago when I upgraded to Mojave on my macbookpro.
Here it is: For some unknown reason I cannot send iMessages to android phones.
I have a group chat with band members but I cannot send a message to an android, even as a solo message shows up as red! "message failure" . This is on a new MacBook Air and my contacts list has not changed.
I have logged out and back into messages with my Apple ID, and logged off and back into this Mac. The only people I can message with are Apple phone users.
Forgot how this got resolved years ago on my MacBook Pro, but here it is again on my new Mac. Any advice? Thanks.

Reaction score
Ha-Ha, found this online.Going to post up here so I can come back in several years and re-read my answer that I will have forgot.
Got this situation sorted with help from "Nerds Chalk"
On iPhone, make sure "text message forwarding" and "sends as SMS" are on. Somehow was turned off on my phone.
Next check list of blocked callers, then Privacy; Location services- turn on. Was not on my Mac Book Air.
Combo of iPhone settings and Mac settings, not 1 or the other. Sorted.

Ask a Question