Photo Software for Mac Book Pro running Monterey

Reaction score
Hello
Can anyone reccomend any? I am used to PS but it does not run on Monterey. Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • Which model MacBook Pro?
  • Which version of Photoshop do you have?
Other than purchasing an upgrade to Photoshop from the version you have, there are several other photo editing applications available, depending on what capabilities you need:
Photos (comes with your Mac)
Affinity Photo
GraphicConverter
Luminar Neo
Pixelmator Classic and Pixelmator Pro

I have used them all and they are all great substitutes for Photoshop. Most are available on the App Store as well.

Hope that helps!

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory, thanks for your reply, 2019 model, I ran Elements 7 but it went belly up when I did updates.
I am not great with Mac, still learning as I use a PC at home, I use mac on the go as I take lots of photos and the display on a Mac is far superior to any laptop I have ever used, basically all I really do is basic touch up, resize to send to where I need.
I will try your reccomedations.

Reaction score
side note. if you have photoshop files, but no longer working Photoshop, you can open the files by drag and drop onto iPhoto or apple Photos, and they will open as a single layer document. Sandy.

Reaction score
I use Pixelmator occasionaly, my main photo editing software is GIMP which is a pretty good substitute for photoshop

Ask a Question