Macbook Won't Load Properly?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was recently video chatting on gchat with a close friend of mine. While chatting, my internet connection was lost (my mac has had a problem with this recently, as the internet would lose connection and I'd have to restart it in order to reconnect). After restarting, it asked me to sign into my account. I did so, but it asked me to sign in again. Now, there are two scenarios that keep happening to me:

1. It will ask me to log in again, which will only lead me to another log in screen, to another, until I get frustrated to shut down my computer...

or

2. It will log me in, but nothing will ever load; no icons in the background or anything else.

I've tried to reset my PRAM and enter in Safemode, but that didn't help. I also tried going into single user mode and typing in the "mount -uw /" thing, but that didn't seem to help either, although I may have done the single user mode part wrong, as I am completely unfamiliar with it. Could someone please help me try to figure this out on my own? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

- JC

Reaction score
I use it by going to gmail.com and it shows up on the left of my inbox, so yeah, the way I use it is browser based.

Reaction score
When I say "sign into my account," I mean to sign into my Mac, like right when I start it up it asks for my Apple ID and stuff, but when I sign into that (to get to the main screen of my Mac, where I can see the icons in the background, the toolbar at the bottom, etc.) it just asks me to sign in again and again or it just sits there and doesn't go any further.

Reaction score
Oh, do you have a secondary separate Admin Account?

Are you sure you are putting the correct User Password, this is the password that was used when you first setup that account.

Ask a Question