Macbook Sleep mode

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the MAC World, well almost, Have not got one yet.

Thinking of a Macbook pro and need clarification of an Issue that I have.

Background:

I will be using theMacbook to run a software programme and using Apple TV to show the programme on a BIG screen.

SO far So good.

Now comes the awkward bit.

I now need to close the lid and slide the Computer away. Is there a setting that keeps the computer awake and my program will keep running on the Big Screen instead of going to sleep and nothing on the Big screen.

Thanks.
Nevw

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Here is a link regarding using Apple TV & your big screen:

Mac notebooks: How to use your computer in closed clamshell (display closed) mode with an external display

So, my advice is to give Apple's advice a go first, because after you configure your MBP to use an external display your MBP might still be awake when you close the lid which will answer the other question about whether or not your running app will be affected.

I would suggest leaving your MBP open slightly to help dissipate heat ...

Let us know how you get on ...

Reaction score
Thanks getting somewhere. I will be using Apple TV and the ADaptor on a large TV so I guess this will still work. However I do not have the space to have an external BLuetooth Keyboard and mouse.

My idea is that if I want to do something to the software on the Macbook is to open the lid and make changes and close lid.

N

Reaction score
Soory chaps that does not work.
When you close the lid and go Clamshell it turns off WIFI. You must have a wired HDMI CAble connection to the display and wake the computer up.

SO up the well known Creek. and back to the drawing board.

I had explained to Apple care BEFORE buying the Macbook and Apple TV and was assured by Apple care that what I wanted would be Ok

Only cure at the moment is to wedge the Lid open about 25mm (One Inch) at the front.

Nev

Ask a Question