hibernate instead of sleep? Macbook Air 10.11.1

Reaction score
Hi. My Mid-2011 Macbook Air running El Capitan 10.11.1 seems to hibernate instead of sleep after about 15 minutes even though I have the sleep settings to 'never' for power adapter and '1 hour' on battery. This has been happening for about a year. If I close it or put it to sleep manually, all is fine. There is no problem as long as I am interacting with the computer, but if I leave it running, with Pandora running (and Safari), pretty soon I hear the music stop and find out that it has shut down all my programs and gone black. I press any button to wake it, and it restarts everything but this takes a while (not like instant up of sleep). So I am guessing that it is somehow hibernating. Would appreciate any help. I searched on 'sleep' in the logs and found the attached but not sure if it tells us anything. I would like it just to sleep after the time set in the power settings. Thank you! Diana
mac sleep.png

Ask a Question