MacBook Pro won't turn on

Reaction score
This is the situation: The battery ran flat and the computer "died" (it was being run only on battery power). It was left to re-charge for a few hours. However, when I now try to turn it on, the Apple sign comes up for a few seconds and then dies again (no start-up chime, no fans running, etc). I've searched the internet forums up and down and done all the recommendations - checked the cable connection, tried a hard re-start, reset the SMC, but so far nothing works. Has anyone had any similar experience? Any suggestions welcome!

By the way, it's a MacBook Pro 13" bought in June 2012.

Reaction score
Hi Riko... Not sure what you mean by "done all the recommendations"... What happens if you hold down the option key immediately after powering it on?
("checking the cable connection"? I hope you didn't open the machine up: you're more likely to do hardware damage than to fix anything!)

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "done all the recommendations"... What happens if you hold down the option key immediately after powering it on?
("checking the cable connection"? I hope you didn't open the machine up: you're more likely to do hardware damage than to fix anything!)
Yes, I've tried holding the option key and powering on and, no, nothing opened up in the machine.

Reaction score
Hey Rico... you said your screen was lighting up and you were seeing the apple logo briefly... That's different to not powering on... we're relying on you to be our eyes and ears when we're trying to help you!

Ask a Question