MacBook Pro won't boot. Stuck in Blue Screen.

Reaction score
Hello,

I know this is the age old problem of "My MacBook Pro won't launch the OS" but I really can't think of any thing else to do. I have read many of the existing posts on here but none worked, so Here is my scenario:

I have a 14 month old 15' MacBook Pro 2.5 Core Duo 4 GB MEM (bought brand new from the Apple Store). Mac OS X Leopard (Not Snow Leopard).I had been burning many DVDs in iDVD. I recently deleted about 40 GB of NON-IMPORTANT files (email downloads) and shut it down.

When I re started it, I got the Grey-White Apple logo screen with the loading indicator below it. It then goes to a blue screen where the loading indicator repeats... forever and never launches the OS.

I then force shut it down, tried holding the power button for 5 sec (untill the light flashes) and the whole process repeats again.

I have the OS X and APP install discs. If I reinstall the OS (which it will allow me to do) -will that completely wipe out my hard drive? If so, I do not want to do this.

I have also tried holding down Shift + S and ran the manual FSCK.

I type in /sbin/fsck -fy

then press return

then once it has finished I type

reboot

-It does nothing. The whole never ending loading process resumes and never stops.

I have a Genius Bar appointment at 2:00 pm and I am just seeing if I can trouble shoot this before having to pay them big bucks to fix it. Also I am a web producer so I need this fixed quickly inorder to do my job.

Thank you so much.

Reaction score
Will running the OS Install disc wipe out my hard drive? Oh well, Apple store here I come. Wish me luck that they can recover my files...

Ask a Question