MacBook Pro Hard Drive

Dan

Reaction score
I have a 2010 MacBook Pro 13" and a few days ago problems started. When I turn it on, a flashing folder with a question mark shows. Then I hold option while turning it on and I get the option for Internet recovery. I do this and I get 4 options. 1 - time machine (doesn't do anything). 2 - browse the Internet (pointless). 3 - reinstall OS (when I do this, no disk shows up to install it in). 4 - disk utility (only the base drive shows up and when I do verify dial, it says it's fine. Finally, I used one of my friends external hard drives and it does recognize that.
So is my hard drive busted? Should I repair it, get an external hard drive, or get a new computer? What's the best course in terms of money and performance?

Reaction score
Hi Dan,

So is my hard drive busted?
Defiantly sounds like it has issues, I would take it it to your nearest Apple store and get the techs to check it over and possibly replace. First make sure your fully backed up.

Reaction score
Hmm, if the Time Machine option doesn't do anything, that implies you don't have a backup!

Ask a Question