Macbook Pro 16(2019) Instability

Reaction score
My mac has some instability problems. After I charge it to %100 the battery shows 3-4 hours of life(it comes back to normal after several hours). The battery life can easily reduce to 3-4-5 hours even when you’re doing something really light. Battery health is %94 and it says its in normal condition. I bought the laptop 7 months ago and I can get 1-2 hours less when watching youtube compared to months ago. Youtube freezes a lot (daily) on Safari. When ı have these problems I open acitivity monitor and see kernel task eating up cpu and there is high usage of ram. I don’t know how many times I had to reset Smc or Nvram to fix these issues. Big Sur even amplified these problems so I went back to Catalina. The thing is I wouldn’t care too much about these issues on standard Pc but I bought this laptop for its stability and incredibly high battery performance and currently I’m a bit dissappointed. Are these problems normal or is there something wrong?

Ask a Question