All keys MacBook Pro mid 2015 harder to press

Reaction score
Hi, all the keys on my mid 2015 MacBook Pro is harder to press down. I have to apply more force than before. As I have good reasons to suspect a tampered product I will appreciate some technical data on the issue. For instance how much force is needed to press down one key on the keyboard? Could anybody help with this privacy concern issue? How does it compare to other MacBooks, for instance newer ones available in store?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I haven't heard of this issue in my experience. The only thing I can think of would be some form of liquid or foreign material causing the keys to not respond with normal force. There isn't any software control/cause for this issue.

Do the keys seem sticky, get stuck when depressed, or are they slow to respond and move back into place after pressing? If so, that is a sign of liquid or foreign material damage.

Older Mac keyboards have a different key scissor mechanism, so they seem firmer than the newer keybaord. I don't know of any published specification for force for the keyboards. No keyboard needs a lot of force at all.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I haven't heard of this issue in my experience. The only thing I can think of would be some form of liquid or foreign material causing the keys to not respond with normal force. There isn't any software control/cause for this issue.

Do the keys seem sticky, get stuck when depressed, or are they slow to respond and move back into place after pressing? If so, that is a sign of liquid or foreign material damage.

Older Mac keyboards have a different key scissor mechanism, so they seem firmer than the newer keybaord. I don't know of any published specification for force for the keyboards. No keyboard needs a lot of force at all.

C

Reaction score
It's not any liquid or something i have spilled. Additionally all the keys are the same. I suspect changed keyboard (it is tampered with).

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Well, it's a pretty big process to replace the keyboard on MacBook Pro models, as the keyboard is part of the entire top case. Have you had it serviced recently?

C

Ask a Question