Volume does not work in mx keys

Reaction score
my logi mx keys connect to my 2020 macbook pro
when I try to press the up/down/mute volume it does not work, just shows sound icon (picture added)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-06 at 20.20.21.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-06 at 20.20.21.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 254
Reaction score
Is there anything in the Sound app of System Preferences to indicate a reason why the option to change the sound settings is disabled?

Are you using an application that has its own sound settings and bypasses the Mac's own controls?

Reaction score
System preferences -> Integrity -> Accessability -> Allow both "Logi Options" and "Logi Options Daemon"

Reaction score
System preferences -> Integrity -> Accessability -> Allow both "Logi Options" and "Logi Options Daemon"
that didn’t work for me :( any more ideas? I was even on the phone with a Logitech customer support y and they gave up

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That symbol looks like you are using some form of digital audio output connection from the MBP to an external device - HDMI, optical audio, etc. There aren't any volume controls for those types of audio, as they are line-level, and you will get that symbol.

Is your MBP connected to an HDMI display/TV, do you have any speakers connected, etc.?

C

Ask a Question