Macbook Pro 13" serious speaker problem!

Reaction score
I have finnaly started using my macbook pro internal speakers and I have encountered a serious problem. Sometimes the speakers sounds blown, they're muffled and static, sometimes the bass is gone and cuts off everything. After a while without paying attention to my mac, suddenly my speakers have been fixed! They are crystal clear again and have no problem with chirping or muffling whatsoever. I think this problem can relate to some audio mix programs that maybe exists thru third-layer storage and fucks me over somehow. I also suspect there could be a problem with connection between the subwoofer/speakers to the soundcard. The reason this is serious is because I work as a rental DJ to parties and need to show off my sample and work to the people renting me. Please help me, I don't have any cash or Apple Care left for this if there is a mayor problem with hardware.

Reaction score
Yes, it is possible that certain files crash your sound software.
I would have thought it was a hardware problem but those don't normally come right.
What App are you using to play the music, it maybe that causing the problem if its not iTunes.
Things to try, Try and find the tracks that cause the problem, check that your files are Apple Lossless or AIFF these are the best quality. AIFF are huge.
If they aren't then use iTunes to covert them.

Also check if Logging out and back in clears the problem, if it does it points to the App.
If a restart clears the problem then its probably the sound drivers. You can also have additional speakers connected and and when the problem happens to the internal switch over to the externals and see if it is both, if it is then that points to the whole sound system going down.

This could be hard to track down, and it might still be hardware which will require a visit to an AppleCare Service Centre.

Reaction score
Sounds like its the drivers fault because its fine after a restart. Anyone know a way to fix the drivers or install new? Im very new to deep settings and stuff so it would be nice to get some help. Thank you for your answer! Appreciate it! :)

Reaction score
there will be nothing wrong with the driver, and they are such a part of the OS X, it would require an install in place, this is an option.

You didn't say what App you're using, which is the main suspect.
Then the files.

Keep in mind there are millions of Macs out there with exactly the same drivers, and Apple are known for their robust sound subsystems.

Reaction score
Sorry, my fault. Were going to comment about the app, but forgot. The app is called Mixxx on app-store. There was also an Ableton Trial. I don't know if these will interupt.

Ask a Question