MacBook Air Blue Screen & active cursor

Reaction score
Hello good people-had too much stuff on my book so deleted some music folders after warning(the disc you are copying to is running out of space).Disc utiliy showed me that i had 1.6 gigs (thereabouts) so idecided to erase free space on my disc.i aborted (skip) the operation when it was creating temporal file.
Now the machine will start but its giving me a blue screen although the cursor is active.
Trued everything in the 'problem ,meet solution' section of my user manual but to no avail.Anyone out ther experienced anything like this-i need help-got work on the machine that i need to access asapo_O

Reaction score
With startup problems the next best thing is an install in place of OSX. Try a Install in Place first.

Do you have a restore partition? Restart holding Command - R

Reaction score
yaay!! tried again with the shift key held down and managed a safe reboot-thanx a million Kaveman-:p

Reaction score
and now for anybody else out here --is there a real use for mackeeper or is it just a waste of space?

Reaction score
MacKeeper is terrible, malware, please don't install it as it causes no end of problems.

Reaction score
Hi,

Personally I second what Kaveman said, feel MacKeeper has a very aggressive marketing policy, and would not recommend it.
For disk repairs you have Disk Utility, and situations you cannot handle there is a very good third-party utility called Disk Warrior.
Also remember that OS X performs certain maintenance functions that are scheduled to occur on a daily, weekly, or monthly period. The maintenance scripts run in the early AM but only if the computer is turned on 24/7.

Ask a Question