Macbook Air 2018 has been doing a "bloop" noise consistently every 10 seconds since 4 days

Reaction score
My Macbook Air has been doing a bloop noise, as if a water droplet is falling in water since 4 days. The noise comes every 10 seconds consistently, even when muted and I closed all apps and cleared my memory cache and updated the laptop to the newest version of iOS. The noice comes as if from under the keyboard and both when on the charger and when not.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? It's driving me insane as I study on the laptop

Reaction score
Hi, @karakiali!
Firstly, I would try resetting the SMC. This can often fix odd issues like this.
Also, check if you have any third-party hardware connected that could be causing the noise.

These are the only two things that come to my mind ATM.

Reaction score
Hi! Thank you so much for your reply! I tried resetting the SMC but it didn't work. There's nothing connected to the Macbook that's from a third party, I do use a USB C cable that's not the original Apple one but I've been using it for more than a year now with no issues.

Also if it helps, my battery has had issues since more than a year (it lasts an hour or two) but this is the first time the noise comes up.
I did a recording of the noise but I can't attach it for some reason

Reaction score
Then, the sound might be related to the cooling fan, especially if you're noticing it even when your laptop is idle. Also, given that your battery life has significantly reduced, it might be a warning sign that something is amiss with the hardware.

However, it's hard to give a definite answer without physically inspecting the device. I'd recommend you take your MacBook to an Apple Store or a certified repair center for a thorough diagnosis.

Reaction score
This is happening to my Macbook Air right now! Did you find any solutions? its driving me crazy!

Ask a Question