SOLVED Mac to headphones

Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of Sony headphones (Model WH-CH700N) that my Macbook Pro (mid 2009) will not see in Bluetooth mode no matter what I do (turn off wireless network ect). Has anyone had this happen to them?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It may have to do with the Sony headphones using Bluetooth 4.1 and the MBP only having Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.

I suggest contacting Sony to see if the headphones are backwards-compatible with older versions of Bluetooth.

C

Reaction score
That I will do! Also, I found that my Samsung Galaxy S-10 cell phone cannot connect to the same headphones.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I believe the Galaxy should have Bluetooth 5.x, so it should work. Maybe there is something missing in the setup of the Sony phones? Do you have the Sony Headphones Connect app on your phone?

C

Reaction score
I did consult with Sony and they informed me that the headphones were't backward compatible,but, I found by searching a website that gave me directions to get the headphones to connect. It required me to erase the current bluetooth files and restart my computer. After the restart I was able to pair the headphones with my Macbook. Thanks though for your advise!

Ask a Question