Browser Not Working Properly With Mac

Reaction score
ive had this problem with my browser, Pale Moon for like 6 months. ive asked for help on the pale moon support forum and cant get the help i need and now it looks like it may be something to do with my mac ive troubleshooted it down to nothing

on certain sites, google, gmail, paypal, twitter, wikipedia. when i open them immediately the browser has a problem loading the pages. it could be 20 to 30 seconds or more it just sits there and eventually comes on, alot of times ill have to restart the computer

ive started in safe mode to where the browser works fine and only added one addon and it just starts doing it. it doesnt matter what addon it could happen with any it just does it. ive started over with a new user profile it does it

Pale Moon or New Moon 28.7
Mojave 10.14.6

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Since the Mac version of Pale Moon/New Moon is an unofficial Open Source port from a Windows/Linux browser, that could be part of the issue, especially with Mojave. I don't know much about it, other than what I found searching around. I would be it doesn't support some of the newer standards like TLS 1.1/1.2/1.3. That could cause issues on secure sites, as well as some of the newer System services in Mojave.

Since this is actually the first time I have heard of Pale Moon/New Moon, I am afraid I can't offer much support. If the Pale Moon forum folks can't help, it may be tough to sort out. I downloaded it, and am trying it out on my iMac running High Sierra. I will try a Mojave Mac when I have a chance.

When I first launched it, this came up:
"Even though a good number of "legacy" Firefox extensions will install in Pale Moon thanks to its Firefox extension compatibility mode, the two browsers are not the same, and you will have to carefully check your extensions if you come from Firefox. Some may not be compatible or available, and you should get an alternative, a compatible different version, or a Pale Moon specific extension instead. Please note that this includes some very popular extensions whose authors refused to support Pale Moon directly (for example: Adblock Plus users need to get Adblock Latitude instead)."

I wonder if some extensions just aren't compatible and are causing the issue? I will let you know how it goes.

C

Reaction score
ive used this browser for years now. only because firefox isnt compatible with an addon that i use anymore, which is a big part of my day

the browser is way behind the times all together but it has worked just fine. every couple months something will be wrong, major things will happen and theyll tell me to download the latest one and the problem goes away

im pretty absolutely sure its not an addon im using. i only use 4 or 5 addons. 2 weeks ago i downloaded the newest version of the browser, then added just 1 addon i had never used before by itself without others and still had the problem

it seems the sites im having the problem on theres new information on the pages. gmail, paypal, twitter. last nite i was on google looking to see how the teams above my team in MLB were doing. they were playing at the time and the score is updated live. each time i looked at a different teams game it was doing it. normally it doesnt ive been watching how theyve been doing for awhile now, games were over

on gmail there doesnt have to be new mail. but it will bring on the problem if there is, if i throw mail out, or reply to mail in my trash, i have ongoing mail in my trash i use for months

twitter it does it often but there doesnt need to be new tweets on the certain users twitter page

the new york times obituary front page it does it often there is no real updated thing

a wikipedia page thats updated several times a day it does it often

im sorry if it ends up being the browser, i have a Mac mini Late 2014 it works fine but these odd things are only happening only on my computer and browser and noone elses

Last edited:
Reaction score
its not one specific addon, as soon as i add any one addon its there

its not one specific site, not malware, i would think its not the computer

it doesnt do it in any other browser i use firefox every day too in the background

i did already mention i have had major problems with pale moon in past years im sure other users never had, but a new version came out the problem wasnt there anymore

whatever the relation pale moon to my user experience, computer, major problems like this, what could possibly be different for me. some setting on my computer

it sounds weird but im the only guy with a mac these things are happening to

Ask a Question