Looking for an Image Browser

Dev

Reaction score
Evening y'all!

I'm looking for something comparable to Windows Image Viewer for a Mac environment. In Windows, I was able to open one image in a folder and then use my arrow keys to cycle through the rest, all within that window. All I've got on Mac is the preview option in Finder, which leaves the images so small I can't see them as I flip through them.

Is there something like what I'm after for Mac?

Thanks!
-Dev

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Have you tried opening the folder, selecting Column view (Command 3) then selecting the first image & pressing spacebar, then using the up/down arrows to navigate?

Another tip is to Select the folder, Command-A to select all the images, or Command-click to select some of the images. Then in the Finder toolbar click on the 'Action' menu (looks like a gear with a drop down arrow next to it) and select "Quicklook x Items" from the menu.

Finally the best in my opinion, is that you could try opening the folder containing the images, highlighting whichever amount you wish to view, then hit Option Command Y to start the Slideshow feature.

Once you get the slideshow going you can click the pause button if you want to manually navigate through the images with the right/left arrows & you can click on the little grid icon at the bottom of your image, between the right arrow and the Share icon.

All the photos you selected will now show up in a grid. You can use the arrow keys to move around in the grid.

Last edited:

Dev

Reaction score
Bwahahahaha! I love learning Mac tricks! The slideshow option is exactly what I'm after. Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Have you tried opening the folder, selecting Column view (Command 3) then selecting the first image & pressing spacebar, then using the up/down arrows to navigate?

Another tip is to Select the folder, Command-A to select all the images, or Command-click to select some of the images. Then in the Finder toolbar click on the 'Action' menu (looks like a gear with a drop down arrow next to it) and select "Quicklook x Items" from the menu.

Finally the best in my opinion, is that you could try opening the folder containing the images, highlighting whichever amount you wish to view, then hit Option Command Y to start the Slideshow feature.

Once you get the slideshow going you can click the pause button if you want to manually navigate through the images with the right/left arrows & you can click on the little grid icon at the bottom of your image, between the right arrow and the Share icon.

All the photos you selected will now show up in a grid. You can use the arrow keys to move around in the grid.
What an excellent set of suggestions!!!
If I had known this before, I wouldn't have spent $50 for GraphicConverter (Lemke Software). While GC is a great program, I simply don't need it anymore since I found ContentaConverter.

Ask a Question