Mac Store

Reaction score
First, what is an "Emies Geek technical support"?

Secondly, did they get your HP printer to work with your Mac?

Third, what EMail program are you using?

Fourth, when you click on a forum heading, near the top, and towards the right, you'll see, in orange, "Post New Thread". For example, here is that screen after I clicked on "Mac OS X", under Mac software:

https://www.mac-help.com/forums/mac-os-x.8/

Just click on "Post New Thread" to post a new topic.

Reaction score
Emies is the name of the company (accent -middle east) They call themselves Geek Rez, etc.

The "Scan" button on the printer does not work. I have to open up Printer Preferences and work from there. It took them a week to find out how I could print.

The "archive" button is always grayed out, and I cannot open it for mail that I placed there.

Reaction score
Again, which EMail program are you using? Apple's Mail program, or something else? I use Outlook 2016, but if you let us know which specific one you use, maybe someone else here can help you. Also, it would be helpful if you describe the specific issues you are having.

By the way, which particular HP printer do you have (ie, model number)? And do you know what they did to get it to print?

As for the "Scan" issue, I wonder if they installed drivers from HP? Typically, the Mac OS (at least recent versions) already contain drivers for most printers (especially recent models).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mac Mail

HP Envy 5660

It worked beforehand.

What worked beforehand? Apple Mail, or the printer? And, what do you mean by "beforehand"? Were you using a previous Mac OS when "whatever" was working? And if so, what Mac OS?

By the way, just did a google search on "HP Envy 5660 and Mac OS", and this link has a lot of information:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04473034

Note that for your printer, there are links (to the right of your printer model) for 1) HP drivers, 2) Apple Software Update, and 3) HP Easy Scan App.

Last edited:

Ask a Question