Mac Software help

Reaction score
Hi there, Can anyone help with this problem i am having with my Mac G4 Dual. I am running Tiger 10.6 and have recently started writing music. At the moment im using Ableton live, Reason, Cubase and Battery 2. I have 2 hard drives 1 is 60g for applications and the other is 80g for samples etc. I just bought Kontact 2 and installed it to my machine the other day and when i restarted my machine my hard disc icons have disappeared and all desktop icons with it. I can still access System Preferences but no other program and cant access disc utilitys to remove and do not want to have to reformat the disc. Can anyone help shed sum light on how to rectify the situation.

Cheers

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

I presume that was a typo "I am running 10.6" (even I haven't got that yet !)

So presuming you are running 10.4.6, I would stick in your Tiger OS X Install DVD and reboot holding down the c key, then when it boots run Disk Utility from the Menu Bar and do a repair Disk and then a repair Permissions.

Then reboot.

Let us know how it is after that.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question