Anti-Virus Software and Macs

Reaction score
This article from www.macworld.com is certainly informative:

http://www.macworld.com/article/318...e-wont-save-your-mac-from-future-malware.html

Interesting that no mention of the excellent freeware program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and the excellent anti-virus program ClamXav, is made. A number of us (including myself) have recommended Malwarebytes, although it is intended to "treat" anti-malware (typically annoying and/or intrusive ads that appear when using a browser). And some of us (agin, myself included) have recommended ClamXav.

It would be useful of other knowledgeable folks could comment about this.

Reaction score
I used ClamXav, is a basic virus protection solution that doesn't include too many features, resulting in a low loss of computer performance. About Malwarebytes - I heard that there is no real-time protection :eek:

Reaction score
Malwarebytes, SCANGUARD, Dr Antivirus, IAativirus
just look on Apple store there's free one there.

Reaction score
I use Avast Free Mac Security and MacRepair, hand-in-hand, mainly because there is no moola involve. LOLs.

Reaction score
I use avira antivirus on my system, works good. Some time do act bad but mostly make the work done.

Reaction score
i bought Nortons Anti virus, but that is when my new M1 iMac 24' started to have problems... but when I deleted it, it wiped all my contacts & passwords etc... i was in a total mess after that... never trust nortons ever again. Sandy

A

Applescrumpy

You don’t need third party apps to protect macOS from viruses.

For other malware that might infect your system, use tools such as Malwarebytes and DetectX Swift.

Ask a Question