Problems with Parallels and Kaspersky anti virus

Reaction score
I'm running Parallels 4 for windows with my Mac. It comes bundled with Kaspersky's virus protection and worked fine for the period of my subscription. When I renewed for the next year the virus databases would NOT update. The program kept getting stuck at 14% updated and then would jam. I tried every fix, even reinstalling Parallels which then caused a whole new slew of problems. Kaspersky also doesn't give you ANY REASONABLE OPTION to contact them. I finally gave up and uninstalled Kaspersky's Virus protection so, at least, my Parallels would run and I could access my Windows programs. So, here I am, a month later without virus protection, out $39.99 and dealing with an incompetent company that obviously doesn't care anything about its customers. I did some research online and found that this was a common problem and that the issue was even WORSE with the later versions of Parallels. So, for what it's worth, my advice to all Mac users whose subscription to Kaspersky Virus Protection expires is, save yourself a ton of headaches, DON'T renew and go with a tried and true outfit like McAfee.

Ask a Question