Mac OSX 10.6 Darwin Firewall & Listening Ports

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently working with an an old mac running 10.6 Darwin and an apache web server for a local website that will be used to track inventory. I am having trouble with the firewall build in to OSX. It appears that it does not allow you to open ports by a number, but instead allows you only to flag applications and then allow or block their connections.

The problem is that since I am trying to allow access to the web server, there is not an application I can put on this list, so I need to open a particular port. There does not seem to be a way to do this. What I have found is people going through the command prompt, this also did not work for me, however once I shut down the application firewall, everything works.

So the application firewall is the one blocking my connections, my question is, how can you allow connections to a webserver that does not run like an application?

Is there a replacement software to use instead of this problematic one? Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Are you running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.x or Snow Leopard Server?
-What is the port you are trying to open?
-This is a local LAN web server/site, and not an external one, correct?
-Is this simply a website you are trying to give access to?

C

Ask a Question