Mac osx 10.2 How do i remove Password with out the disc?

Reaction score
Hello i was wondering if anybody can help me.
How can i remove the username and password without having the disc?
I bought yesterdayr a powermac g4 the person that had before me seems to had a password that i would like to remove. It lets me log in n stuff but when it comes downloading it asks me to go thru an adminastrator. The guy doesnt remember didnt use item for a long time is there anyway to remove it?

Reaction score
Also how do i installe Internet on my Macg4???
IM A NEW USER TO MAC sorry for all the questions

Reaction score
I think that if you don't have the administrator password, you need to either have the operating system CDs or to take the machine to an apple technician. Otherwise there would be no point in having the password, if anyone can just reset it easily.

As for the internet, make sure that the cable is connected first, and then open Safari which is the web browser that comes with Macs. The Safari icon looks like a compass.

Reaction score
You'll need an administrator's password.

As for "Internet," are you referring to Internet Explorer? If you're posting on this forum, you are already using the internet.

Reaction score
Hello thanks for your responds and help !
Im actually using internet explorer on my PC i have no idea how to set up a mac for wireless internet all your help would be a great help for me im a first time mac user THANKS in advance. I would like to connect wireless which is what i have @ home right now with my pc laptop.

Reaction score
I think that if you don't have the administrator password, you need to either have the operating system CDs or to take the machine to an apple technician. Otherwise there would be no point in having the password, if anyone can just reset it easily.

As for the internet, make sure that the cable is connected first, and then open Safari which is the web browser that comes with Macs. The Safari icon looks like a compass.

Im actually using internet explorer on my PC i have no idea how to set up a mac for wireless internet all your help would be a great help for me im a first time mac user THANKS in advance. I would like to connect wireless which is what i have @ home right now with my pc laptop.

Reaction score
You'll need an administrator's password.

As for "Internet," are you referring to Internet Explorer? If you're posting on this forum, you are already using the internet.

Im actually using internet explorer on my PC i have no idea how to set up a mac for wireless internet all your help would be a great help for me im a first time mac user THANKS in advance. I would like to connect wireless which is what i have @ home right now with my pc laptop.:)

Reaction score
Ok, for wireless internet you need to have a laptop that has an Airport card. To turn it on and connect, look for a little icon in your menu bar (top right hand corner of the screen) that looks like a little triangle with a rounded top. Click on it and either select "Turn AirPort On" or select the network you want to connect to. Once you have connected, it will remember your choice of network in the future and do it automatically.

Reaction score
Ok, for wireless internet you need to have a laptop that has an Airport card. To turn it on and connect, look for a little icon in your menu bar (top right hand corner of the screen) that looks like a little triangle with a rounded top. Click on it and either select "Turn AirPort On" or select the network you want to connect to. Once you have connected, it will remember your choice of network in the future and do it automatically.

Thanks for your help.
How about a desktop mac how do i connect that to the internet?
I have Dsl so how would that work?

Reaction score
Most desktop Macs also come with an Airport card, and can be connected in exactly the same was as a laptop. If you wish to connect with a cable, you can plug it into the Ethernet port, which is usually found at the back of the computer. There should be a corresponding port on your modem, to connect from. Either way, you should just be able to plug it in and be ready to go. Let us know how you get on.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I personally would ask the 'seller' for the Original Os disks that came with the Mac, if you can't get them then buy yourself a retail version of OS X Tiger.

Then use that to wipe the drive and reinstall the OS.

With it being a secondhand machine you have no idea of what software could be on there...ie keystroke recorders etc.

Whenever buying a second hand machine always wipe it first...then reinstall and use it.

Regards

Ric

Ask a Question