Mac eMail

Reaction score
I run a 21.5 in Imac using Monterey 12.6.6 and recently started having varying delays in my Mac email program showing my new emails. They seem to download fairly quickly but sometimes it can take up to 10 min. before I can actually see the downloaded emails.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • How many mail accounts are setup?
  • If more than one, does the issue happen for all accounts or just some?
  • Who are the email providers?
  • Have you changed any settings in Mail > Preferences > Accounts?
C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • How many mail accounts are setup?
  • If more than one, does the issue happen for all accounts or just some?
  • Who are the email providers?
  • Have you changed any settings in Mail > Preferences > Accounts?
C
Only one account. Provider is gmail, Have not changed any settings. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen all the time and when it does happen, it takes varying amounts of time for the emails to show up.
Thanks, Fred

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Since it is only one account and intermittent, I would guess it is either Internet (ISP) congestion or an issue on Google's end.

See how it goes and let us know.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, it could. Some times of the day are slower through your ISP due to local Internet/network traffic, as it is really a shared connection in your area. Have you noticed it more at specific times during the day?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

If it is worse in the morning, then it definitely could be due to the local traffic/load on your ISP.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses. Thankfully (and mysteriously), the problem seems to have solved itself, (at least temporarily).

Ask a Question