MAC DESKTOP OS HI SIERRA 2010

Reaction score
I’m very wary of such utilities because a number of them have been exposed as deliberately pernicious. But having had to deal with some perplexing “bugs” lately I decided to try CleanMyMac X which I found to be useful even if it did not iron out all of my troubles.

Available on the Apple App Store, it’s not free although it affords enough try-before-you-buy features to give you an idea of how it works. In-app purchase allows for one-time or subscription terms.

I run it weekly, or more often, just for maintenance.

Reaction score
By "bugs", I'm guessing you are meaning something that has infected your Mac via the internet? As there are no viruses that affect Macs, you only need to worry about "malware".

Download the free version of Malwarebytes and run it now and then or if you think your Mac is behaving strongly.

Reaction score
Really?

“Bug” relate more to system softwary errors, either from macOS or from applications, Apple’s or third party. Infections from the internet are more generally known as malware or viruses, and don’t get complacent, there are heaps of them that are targeting Macs. The days of Macs being immune to viruses are long gone.

Why do you think Apple created XProtect, Gatekeeper, MRT, TCC, etc., etc. They also encourage you to enable FileVault. The forthcoming macOS Monterey will offer more (not necessarily better) protection with Private Relay, Hide My Email, as well as offering iCloud+ subscribers use of proxy e-mail addresses. For those struggling with VPN, these might be a better privacy solution.

Apple even has the Bug Bounty Program which offers rewards to “hackers” who can reveal vulnerabilities in their systems.

Ask a Question