“Missing download” after clearing out 2011 Mac desktop

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve searched the internet and found that this seems to be a re occurring issue with this computer. It’s a 2011 Mac desktop with Yosemite.
I want to put out here that I am very computer illiterate. And I’ve never touched a Mac until now.
I purchased this computer from a guy and when I got home and turned it on he hadn’t cleared out all of his files and information so we did that and then when I went to reinstall up Pops and window stating that there is some kind of missing download and I can’t get past it.
i’ve scoured the Internet and I’ve tried what people suggested but I don’t have an Apple/Mac keyboard I just have some old keyboard I think for an HP so trying to do the factory reset isn’t working.

does anyone have a super simple almost walk me thru step by step way to get this reinstalled or get around that missing download?

Reaction score
Hi,

It’s a 2011 Mac desktop with Yosemite.

Do you mean an iMac?

I don’t have an Apple/Mac keyboard I just have some old keyboard I think for an HP so trying to do the factory reset isn’t working.
Using windows KB is fine but you must adapt it, have a look at this article to save me writing a long post. Special Key Differences are listed half way down, hope this helps.