@mac.com

Reaction score
How can I stop safari autofilling my email as @mac.com when I don't have a @mac.com address?

I would also like to change the home folder name to my username, its is called adminadmin and I've no idea why!

Macbook 2gb ram, 2ghz, OS X Leopard.

Reaction score
Safari, like every other application on the Mac, has a Preferences window. To open the preferences window, pull down the Safari menu, and select the Preferences... option.

(In general, checking the Preferences window is a good thing to do when you need help figuring out how to change something an application on the Mac.)

In the preferences window, there is a pane labeled "AutoFill." If you click on this option, you will see three different sources for AutoFill information. Next to each source you will see a checkbox which will turn it off, and an Edit... button which allows you to remove individual AutoFill entries.

But if you are determined to do it.

If you want to 'rename' the home folder the best way as you may have discovered is to create a new account (System Preferences > Accounts) and in the short name description, call it what you want your home folder to be called.

Then copy out the documents from the account you are transferring from into the new home folder, and then delete via Account Preferences the old account you have just transferred from.

As to why Apple allows you to easily rename the home folder is beyond me too, but maybe something will be done in time.

Reaction score
it just set itself as adminadmin and its very annoying. I dont get why you shouldn't be able to just change it.

So do I have to set up a new account and then use that account and delete the original account?

I cant seem to change the folder from the new account. Should I save all my folders to my time capsule and then reload them onto the new account?

Is the only data I will lose my preferences and cookies?

Ask a Question